I started going through some of my recipes to see what might be good for a weekend stuck inside because of the weather. I came across this one. It’s a recipe my Aunt Carol sent me.
This dish is one we used to eat at her house in Connecticut every Thanksgiving and I would imagine other holidays. It’s one of those dishes that is made with ingredients we all love but may not have thought about putting together in a dish like this. I’m so glad this recipe made it’s way back into my family. It’s so yummy and very easy to make.
This recipe is really simple. You combine drained whole corn kernels, cream corn, 2 eggs, sour cream, sweetened condensed milk and melted butter. Then add the secret ingredient! You will need 1 package of Jiffy corn muffin mix. Mix this into the corn mixture.
Then pour the mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
And here is the finished product. It makes the perfect side dish to any meal. And it’s great re-heated for leftovers. Thanks to my Aunt Carol for this recipe and all of those great meals we had at her house.
- 1 package Jiffy Corn muffin mix
- 1 can Cream Corn
- 1 can Whole Corn, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9" x 13" pan
- Combine corn, eggs, milk, sour cream and melted butter.
- Add muffin mix, combine
- Pour into greased pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked all the way through
- Remove from oven & sprinkle with cheddar cheese