Looking for an excuse for eating cheese on a cool-weather evening? You never need an excuse for a Warm Brie Cheese Board or any cheese board for that matter. This delicious board will warm up any winter evening.
Warming Brie Cheese
So why warm up some Brie? Brie is extremely delicious cold or at room temperature but warming it up takes it to a different level. It makes it even creamer than by not doing it. And the nice thing about warming up brie is you can also add so many different tastes and textures to it.
There is a wonderful taste to warm brie with some honey and walnuts which is what we did on this board.
What to Serve with Warm Brie
Creating a taste and texture combination is a little different with warmed-up cheese. You have to understand that you will need a little more space for all the warm gooiness to spill out on your board so you don’t want to overdo it with other cheeses. The Brie should be the star of your board.
Here’s what else you need:
- Triple Cream Brie
- Crackers or Bread slices
- Red Wine
Why Texture Matters
When creating any cheese board, it’s not only important to think about taste but texture. Every great cheese board had a combination of soft, smooth, and crunchy. Most of the time you can get your crunchy from crackers or nuts or even bread. But you can also get your texture from fruit and vegetables.
I chose blueberries and walnuts for this Warm Brie Cheese Board because brie goes so well with walnuts but I also wanted something soft and sweet and that is where the blueberries come in.
How to Warm Cheese
So what is the best way to warm up brie cheese? Very carefully! Brie is not mozzarella or cheddar and does heat up differently than cheese on your favorite pizza or nachos.
Think about Brie being like a fine wine, you want to treat it with the respect it needs. However, it’s extremely easy to warm up and only takes a few minutes.
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, unpack or unwrap your Brie and let come to room temperature.
- Place the Brie on a cheese stone or a cookie sheet with a slice of parchment paper.
- Bake the Brie for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cheese platter.
- Drizzle with honey and add pieces of walnuts to the top.
- Serve with sliced baguette or crackers.
Notes and Tips
- Triple Cream Brie is truly the best Brie in my opinion, but you can use another type of Brie for this recipe.
- There are so many great pairings to create with warmed Brie. You can also add dried cranberries with honey or some sliced almonds. I also love serving green apples with warmed Brie.
- When slicing the Warm Brie, remember to make the first cut yourself before serving. That allows others to dive right in after it’s cut into. I usually will cut a small triangle to get things started.
Similar Cheese Boards for One or Two People
- Rainy Day Cheese Board
- Movie Night Cheese Board
- Cheese Board for One