It’s always amazing to me how much better the simple things in life are! That includes food and some of my favorite recipes. This recipe for Coconut Macaroons is not only simple but it’s the perfect amount of sweetness mixed with coconut.
And sometimes we just need a little coconut to get us through the day.
One of the things I like most about this recipe is that it only uses 3 ingredients and it’s gluten-free. I know our family is always looking for gluten-free recipes and this one hits the mark in so many ways.
The only kitchen tool you really need is this ice cream scooper. It makes the perfect shape for your macaroon.
If the egg runs a bit in the oven, you will have to clean it up so you can keep this perfect macaroon shape. If it’s too runny, try adding more coconut to soak up the liquid.
Here’s how easy this recipe is:
- 4 Egg whites
- 3 cups Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk together the egg whites until you see foam
- Add sugar and mix together
- Add the shredded coconut and mix with spoon
- Using an ice cream scooper, put dough on cookie sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is brown