There is something so elegant and simple about this Roasted Chicken & Veggies recipe. It perfectly combines chicken with potatoes, onions and some fresh spinach.
I find myself dreaming about cooking meals like this one during the cooler months. There is something so comforting about being inside on a Saturday, too cold to go outside, and enjoying a day wrapped up in a blanket with the fireplace crackling. It may not be that cold just yet, but you can still enjoy this amazing dish.
I don’t usually use chicken thighs as my chicken source but for this recipe, it works perfectly. It’s just the right about of chicken with the spice.
I first combined the potatoes, onions, garlic with salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary before spreading it out on a baking dish. The chicken gets added to the veggie mixture. I then sprinkled on another seasoning (paprika, salt, pepper, and rosemary). This gets put into the oven for about 35 minutes.
Once the chicken is done, remove each of the thighs and replace with the fresh spinach. It goes back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
And when the spinach is done, put the chicken back on the baking sheet and serve it directly from the pan.
It’s a wonderful dish for any time of year. And chicken is one of those dishes that can be served with a variety of wines. This dish can be served with Champagne, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, or a Rose.
Roasted Chicken & Veggies
Yield 2-4 servings
I love this Roasted Chicken & Veggies dinner for a special date night with your love!
- 6 bone-in Chicken Thighs, skins removed
- 6 medium Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 small Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh Rosemary, minced & divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 425° and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour the combined veggies onto the baking sheet
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika and remaining salt, pepper and rosemary
- Add the skinless chicken to the pan with the veggies
- Season the chicken with the paprika mixture
- Put pan in oven for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken reads 170° on your meat thermometer
- Remove the chicken and spread out the fresh spinach on the pan. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes until the spinach is slightly cooked
- Add the chicken back to the pan and serve!
This recipe was inspired by Taste of Home!