Food should not be this GOOD! I love flavored popcorn and ever since I had chocolate covered popcorn at a specialty movie theater, I have wanted to duplicate it. This Oreo Cookie Popcorn is even better than that movie theater popcorn. In fact, it’s my new favorite snack!
This popcorn is covered in Oreo cookie and there is simply nothing wrong with it!
It starts by grinding the Oreos in a food processor. Remove about 1/4 cup of the ground Oreos to use later.
In the meantime, melt white chocolate chips in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
While combining the white chocolate and the mixed Oreo cookies together, pop the popcorn kernels. I put plain popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag and microwaved it on high for about a minute and a half. I used about 1/3 cup of unpopped kernels.
Spread the popcorn out on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the melted chocolate/Oreo cookie mixture. Then sprinkle the remaining Oreo cookies on top. Mix it up and put it in your favorite bowl.
It’s that easy and that GOOD!
Oreo Cookie Popcorn
Yield 2-4 Servings
You’ll never taste popcorn the same way again! This Oreo Cookie Popcorn will change the way you eat your favorite snack!
- 15 Oreo Cookies
- 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Unpopped Popcorn Kernels
- Salt to taste
- Using a food processor, grind the Oreo cookies until completed crushed, reserve about 1/4 cup of the mixture
- In a large measuring cup, melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds and mix
- Combine the Oreo mixture and the white chocolate
- In a brown paper bag, add the 1/3 cup of unpopped popcorn kernels and fold the bag over twice. Microwave on high for 1:30 to 2 minutes, take it out when you don’t hear the popcorn popping anymore.
- Spread out the cooked popcorn on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with the Oreo/chocolate mixture
- Sprinkle the reserved Oreo cookie mixture on top and mix, let sit for 10-15 minutes until the mixture hardens
- Put in a serving bowl and enjoy
This recipe was inspired by Popsugar!