Many, many years ago I was delighted by a little dish called Chicken Spaghetti! It was amazing but unfortunately, I never got the recipe. So all these years later I had been looking for a Chicken Spaghetti recipe I could also fall madly in love with.
That recipe landed on my front door last month and I still can’t stop thinking about it.
My sweet friend and neighbor Kelli is always bringing me amazing recipes and this one is hers too! When my husband had unexpected emergency surgery in December, she was sweet enough to bring this over for my family. It’s so amazing to have neighbors like the ones I have!
This recipe starts with an unexpected source… a box of Kraft Italian Style Dinner. It gives you the spaghetti and the seasoning for the Chicken Spaghetti.
The Velveeta cheese gives it the creaminess that we all love about this recipe. This dish is also filled with green pepper, stewed tomatoes and rotisserie chicken.
This is a wonderful dish for the entire family and it’s even better reheated the next day. I hope you enjoy this because I think it’s better than the original Chicken Spaghetti dish I tasted so many years ago.
- 1 box Kraft Italian Style Dinner
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups or 1 can Sliced Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, chopped
- 1/2 lb. Reduced Fat Velveeta, cubed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Follow instructions in preparing the spaghetti, set aside
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and saute the green bell peppers
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and herb seasoning packets from inside the box of Kraft
- Add stewed tomatoes and water
- Add the cooked spaghetti, chicken, and Velveeta and mix well
- Put the chicken spaghetti mixture in a 9×13 baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes