Some of my favorite cheese boards are my Holiday Cheese Boards. These boards include all the foods or decorations that highlight the holiday. For this Red, White & Blue Cheese Board, I was able to use all red, white, and blue ingredients…perfect for the summer holiday.
Red, White & Blue Cheese Board
There are so many great foods that are red, white, or blue. So choosing what to fill in this board with was not too hard. And yes I could have gone with blue cheese but I didn’t take the layup. I did decide to go with white cheeses to represent the white color. And what would a summer board be without a yummy summer dessert so I went with, what else…smores!
- Red = Strawberries
- White = Mozzarella Cheese & Herb Goat Cheese
- Blue = Blueberries
- Dessert = Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Chocolate
Add some crackers or bread and you have a light, fresh and patriotic cheese board.
- I have to admit, Smores have been our go-to dessert this summer so far. We keep these ingredients in our pantry all summer because you never know when you will need one of these summer staples.
- Other red fruits or veggies that would work include red pepper and raspberries.
- We also always have July 4th decorations on hand so it’s easy to show our patriotism this time of year.
Here’s how this Red, White & Blue Cheese Board came together
Creating cheese boards can be a great creative outlet for you. It’s fun to play with food but it’s even more fun when you can play with a theme for a holiday, birthday, or special occasion. Have fun with your cheese boards no matter what event you are planning.